Well, naturally it isn't a virtual machine with already set up DB systems can be useful, however for me it cause no problem to set up a database, as for MySQL it only needs some basic SQL knowledge and the using of apt/synaptic. But for example an Oracle server is much more difficult to configure, it even needs an own oracle system user who will be the database administrator. But in general all database systems should be more or less equal, as they all use SQL, unfortunatelly there are such differences as HSQL<-> Oracle(also MySQL), in HSQL you need to write table names like: "Table1" in Oracle you can do it just saying table1 or even Table1 as SQL is originally not case sensitive except for string constants. In HSQL I even noted that there is no C-like /* */ comment, if I am not wrong it exists in Oracle, however Oracle is a quite extended SQL language, it contains an own programming language called PL/SQL.