On Mon, 2017-07-24 at 15:24 +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 24/07/2017 à 15:16, Michael Stahl a écrit :
> > (how one would best install gettext on MacOS is another question
> > that i don't know the answer to; perhaps via LODE ?)
> >

> Ok, thanks, but I guess it still means I can't build with localized
> version until that is sorted. Where did this new requirement come
> from ?

This is new since Friday with the gettext change over. The ".src and
.ui gettext migration" emails are on that topic, though I guess they
don't spell out that it means that gettext has to be installed to build
the .mo files.

lode was updated to pull in the gettext packages on windows and macosx
so those using lode can just re-run the lode setup to pull in the
necessary extras. I've updated the https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/
Development/BuildingOnMac#Minimal_Setup with the manual howto for
gettext (similar to the preexisting autoconf/automake dependencies),
though most people probably don't build locally with translations.