On 11/03/18 09:59, David Ostrovsky wrote:
On Fri Mar 9 19:14:33 UTC 2018, Eike Rathke wrote:
On Tuesday, 2018-03-06 10:09:22 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
for a Gerrit change on which I'm listed as reviewer, I do get mails
for mine
and all other people's comments, just not for comments from Jenkins.

Same here. I also don't get Jenkins comments mails for changes in
areas
that touch my Watched Projects list (under Settings), even though
I ticked All Comments for each entry there as well.

You and Stephan tell us, that you do want to be notified from
Jenkins and get all that spam (on start job and finish job, and re-
scheduled verification on rebases, and fixed patch sets in case first
17 verifications failed). Other developers told us the wuite the
opposite: shutdown the notification firehose and stop spam reviewers.

What I originally asked for is indeed something quite different (see below). I understand that Christian offered this "spamming from Jenkins" as a mitigation for the problems I reported (lack of feedback on failed Jenkins/Gerrit builds), and I answered that that mitigation does not work.

But let us do a step back and re-visit this thread: the actual
problem we are trying to solve is a different one: a missing
feedback from Jenkins on failed verifications jobs. Let me repeat
this again: the LibreOffice Gerrit-Jenkins setup deviates from
the standard recommended setup, by preventing voting Verified-1 on
failed builds.

That was an oversight, as confirmed by infra team, and in case of
false negative, Verified-1 vote can be easily removed by anyone, who
was granted the Remove Revievers ACL. In recent gerrit versions, I
even added "Delete Vote" feature, that let you preserve the reviewer
on a change, and only remove the vote. I would like to re-new my
call and ask infra team (again) to enable voting Verified-1 on failed
verifications.

My proposal to solve that for now and avoid future discussions:

1. Grant "Remove Reviewer" ACL to stewards group: [5]. That way many
devs are able to drop the wrong vote, and someone is always on the IRC.
2. Re-configure Jenkins Trigger Plugin set-up and enable voting of
Verified-1 on failed jobs.

Sounds good to me.