On 4/11/2018 12:34 PM, Jean-Pierre Ledure wrote:
> That's why I insist on a mastered process: the user should decide how
> and when he wants to migrate his Base files.

To implement unconditional drop of support of old engine (and thus,
requirement to convert of data to newer format to work with it on this
version of LibreOffice), we don't need to wait for any user decision.
It's up to developers to decide, because this doesn't limit users; we
don't force anyone to upgrade to a newer version to continue using
LibreOffice. Just a confirmation is required before the conversion, to
inform user and let decide if one wants to convert and loose backward
compatibility, or roll back to an older software that supports older
file format.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski