Cool, I'll spin a new patch in a couple of days.

On 2012-03-28 12:11, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 03/27/2012 11:03 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:
OK, so I went ahead anyway, at the risk of having to redo stuff :-)
This is the next 4 commits.
It updates the IDL files in the OFFAPI module.

Looking at those 112 converted services, I'm afraid most of them should not be converted after all. :( I classified the according to the below list.

* 30 look good.  :)

* CTORS accessible.AccessBridge: This service being of interface type XInitialization looks strange. (XInitialization is more of an internal interface, so that instances of such a service can obtain arguments when being constructed. Explicit constructors of new-style services internally call it.) Looking at the usage of that service (vcl/source/app/svdata.cxx, vcl/source/app/svmain.cxx), it looks more sensible change this UNO service to

  service AccessBridge: XComponent {
    create([in] XExtendedToolkit toolkit);
  };

(and change the type of mxAccessBridge accordingly).

* MARKER: These services are not intended to be instantiated via their service names. Rather, they describe characteristics of certain UNO objects. (And there's unfortunately lots of these, needlessly obscuring things in many ways.)

* MODULE: These services are not intended to be instantiated at the global component context/service manager, but rather via document-specific factories. (Some that I labelled MODULE might actually be MARKER -- I did not look too close.)

* SINGLE util.OfficeInstallationDirectories: While there is a (superfluous) service definition for this, there is also a singleton definition (in the same file) that appears to be used exclusively by client code. I would keep the service old-style, mark it as deprecated (pointing to the singleton for actual use), move the singleton into an .idl file of its own, and convert the singleton to new-style.

* UNUSED: These services look completely unused. Would probably be better to mark them as @deprecated.

Noel, can you adapt your patches?

Thanks again for your patience and good work,
Stephan

        awt.MenuBar
        awt.PopupMenu
        awt.TabController
        document.OleEmbeddedServerRegistration
        embed.FileSystemStorageFactory
        embed.StorageFactory
        frame.DispatchHelper
        frame.DispatchRecorderSupplier
        frame.DocumentTemplates
        frame.MediaTypeDetectionHelper
        graphic.GraphicProvider
        mozilla.MozillaBootstrap
        plugin.PluginManager
        scanner.ScannerManager
        sheet.RecentFunctions
        task.JobExecutor
        text.DefaultNumberingProvider
        ucb.AnyCompareFactory
        ucb.CachedContentResultSetFactory
        ucb.CachedContentResultSetStubFactory
        ucb.CachedDynamicResultSetFactory
        ucb.CachedDynamicResultSetStubFactory
        ucb.ContentProviderProxyFactory
        ucb.PropertiesManager
        ucb.SimpleFileAccess
        ucb.SortedDynamicResultSetFactory
        ucb.Store
        util.PathSubstitution
        util.TextSearch
        util.URLTransformer

CTORS   accessibility.AccessBridge
MARKER  accessibility.Accessible
UNUSED  auth.SSOManagerFactory
UNUSED  auth.SSOPasswordCache
MARKER  chart.ChartData
UNUSED  configuration.backend.HierarchyBrowser
UNUSED  configuration.bootstrap.BootstrapContext
MARKER  document.Events
MARKER  document.ExtendedTypeDetection
UNUSED  document.FilterAdapter
MARKER  document.LinkTargets
MODULE  drawing.BitmapTable
MODULE  drawing.DashTable
MODULE  drawing.GradientTable
MODULE  drawing.HatchTable
MODULE  drawing.MarkerTable
MODULE  drawing.MasterPages
MODULE  drawing.Shapes
MODULE  drawing.TransparencyGradientTable
MARKER  frame.Components
MARKER  frame.ContentHandler
MARKER  frame.FramesContainer
MARKER  i18n.TextConversion
MARKER  mozilla.MenuProxy
MARKER  mozilla.MenuProxyListener
MARKER  packages.PackageFolderEnumeration
MARKER  sdbc.Driver
MODULE  sheet.CellAnnotationsEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.CellAreaLinksEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.CellFormatRangesEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.Cells
MODULE  sheet.CellsEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.ConsolidationDescriptor
MODULE  sheet.DatabaseRangesEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.DataPilotFieldGroupItem
MODULE  sheet.DataPilotFieldsEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.DataPilotSourceDimensions
MODULE  sheet.DataPilotSourceHierarchies
MODULE  sheet.DataPilotSourceLevels
MODULE  sheet.DataPilotSourceMembers
MODULE  sheet.DataPilotTablesEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.DDELinksEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.FunctionDescriptionEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.HeaderFooterContent
MODULE  sheet.LabelRangesEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.LabelRange
MODULE  sheet.NamedRangesEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.ScenariosEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.SheetCellRangesEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.SheetLinksEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.SpreadsheetsEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.SpreadsheetViewPanesEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.SubTotalFieldsEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.SubTotalField
MODULE  sheet.TableAutoFormatEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.TableAutoFormatsEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.TableConditionalEntryEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.UniqueCellFormatRangesEnumeration
MODULE  sheet.VolatileResult [missing from UnoApi_offapi.mk changes]
MARKER  table.CellCursor
MARKER  table.TableColumnsEnumeration
MARKER  table.TableRowsEnumeration
MOUDLE  text.DocumentIndexLevelFormat
MODULE  text.DocumentIndexParagraphStyles
MODULE  text.Footnotes
MODULE  text.ParagraphEnumeration
MODULE  text.TableColumns
MODULE  text.TableRows
MODULE  text.TextFieldEnumeration
MODULE  text.TextFieldMasters
MODULE  text.TextPortionEnumeration
MODULE  text.TextRanges
MARKER  ucb.DynamicResultSet
MARKER  ucb.FTPContentProvider
MARKER  ucb.HelpContentProvider
MARKER  ucb.HierarchyContentProvider
MARKER  ucb.ODMAContentProvider
MARKER  ucb.WebDAVContentProvider
SINGLE  util.OfficeInstallationDirectories
MARKER  xml.AttributeContainer
MARKER  xml.ImportFilter
MARKER  xml.NamespaceContainer