Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Behrens schrieb am 22.02.2024 um 21:04:
Hi Regina,

Regina Henschel wrote:
Any ideas/wishes for a reasonably usable import?

Our 3d engine already supports all this FWICT (I see e.g.
SDRATTR_3DSCENE_LIGHTCOLOR_1 - 8) - so why not extend ODF here, when
it's obviously lacking?

Unfortunately, our 3d engine does not support all needed features. Most important problem is, that in our 3d engine only the first light is specular. We need three specular lights for MS Office light rigs. "Specular" means, that the light produces a bright spot on the shape.

Further problem with our 3d engine is, that we cannot render the "Bevel" of MS Office. Not only the fancy ones, but the simple round bevel is missing too. Our "Rounded edges" are in fact straight. In MS Office you can use the bevel to create a sphere, for example.

Nevertheless, extending ODF is likely needed anyway. That would include extending our API because the import goes via API properties. The question is more whether to start that immediately or first implement some ersatz lighting so that the shapes are approximately as light as in MS Office. When you use the current import (in daily build which has the 3d geometry) you can see, that our default lighting gives bad results.

Kind regards,
Regina