Hi all,

Regina Henschel schrieb am 22.02.2024 um 19:47:
Hi all,

I have started work on import of lighting. But there are several problems which make it impossible to get a 1:1 match to our capabilities.
[..]

Any ideas/wishes for a reasonably usable import?

I have uploaded the current state to Gerrit
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/164510

Please notify me, if there is something which I should change.

The meaning of 'Specular' and 'Diffuse' in the specification of MS Office is not clear. I posted a question to the forum
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1608333/what-is-specular-and-diffuse-in-the-lightrig-table

Besides the mentioned principle problems, this is missing: MS Office uses 'Gouraud' as default render mode. That is currently not used but the default 'Flat' mode. In some cases MSO uses Phong render mode. The information about that is contained in the material presets and those are not yet evaluated.

Kind regards,
Regina