Hi Miklos,

sorry for not answering, but I haven't got your mail. Only Mike notified me just, that there is an answer from you. I have read your mail now from the archive.

I think in both cases the ideal would be to extend SdrGrafObj, to
support cropping and 3D properties if PPTX supports that. Of course,
it's good to share code with SdrObjCustomShape in the implementation if
possible.

If that's not possible (takes too much time, too complex), then it's an
option to map the images to custom shapes in our side, but sooner or
later these workarounds cause some problems. So at least some TODO /
FIXME comment would be nice, if you go this way.

I have used a minimal solution for now that only extends the already existing way of representing a "crop to shape" image by a custom shape. That does not prevent to map images to custom shapes in case such workaround is wanted.

Currently I work on adapting the export. This has priority. I want to keep the current behavior for version 24.8, that the 3D-scene is recreated on export in case of round-trip, that means in case there is a InteropGrabBag.

It would be a large change to extend SdrGrafObj with 3D-abilities. I think, that we first need a general plan about what we need to do and in what order, to bring LO nearer to the 3D features of MS Office. The rendering of extruded custom shape as 3D uses a temporary 3D-Scene. But that lacks so much, that I do not like to implement a similar solution for SdrGrafObj, especially as the standard would also need to be extended. I think the latter should only be done, when we have already defined the final goal.

I plan to meet Armin in Hamburg end of April. Are you interested in joining the discussion?

Kind regards,
Regina