It occurred to me that there isn't really a good one-word way of

      describing someone who rejects proprietary software on ethical
   grounds.

      For example there's "vegan" for people who don't consume animal

      products on ethical grounds. I know there is a derogatory term that

      exists, and another which is specific to someone who agrees with
   RMS,

      but there is no general positive term that we could all use. Even a

      short phrase seems difficult because you could say "free software

      advocate" but you can reject proprietary software on ethical grounds

      without doing any advocacy.

   How about "speerfie"? That's "s" for software and "p" for person tacked
   on to "free" spelt backward, then "ie" at the end as in "freebie". Or
   just "peerfie"?

   Or maybe "freeps" = free software person?

   I like how cute all your names sound. "Speerfie" gets better the more
   you say it I think