Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:19:28 -0600 (MDT)
From: Paul Bowersox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: New Hard Drive -- Parallel CD Drive -- How to Make CD Useable From
 Bootup Floppy?


Well I have my new hard drive now.  However my cd drive is an hp 7200e
parallel port.  My windows 95 and everything else is on cd.  

I can't get the floppy startup disk to make the cd drive useable so I can
setup windows etc. The cd driver floppy says it need windows to run setup.  
I think I just need to add a device=driver line in config.sys on the
bootup floppy but it doesn't seem to work so far.

Has anyone else had to do this?  How did you do it?

Thanks if you can help!

Paul B




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to