Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:17:33 +0900
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 110 memory: testing and replacing
Is there any way to test the memory?
It does not do memory test during booting.
I have 64 MB. I would like to take out the
added 32 MB to check if that will fix a freezing problem that
developed recently. I do not know where to find it.
It is not behind the batterylike in Libretto 20.
Is it under the keyboard?
I have found a way to set the memory limit in software:
Accessories, System Tools, System Information.
I still want to take out the added memory and
check the connection.
My machine has one or two months remaining of the warrantee.
Toshiba, in Tokyo, will fix the machine for free if it needs fixing,
but they may charge me for debugging the problem.
I want to be sure what the problem is before I go to them.
I would like to test the memory before I decide that I must resort to
the
final test: reinstall Windows 98 from the recovery CD. If I still have
the problem
after that, I will be as sure as I could ever be that I have a hardware
problem.
Freezing happens at different operations, but these
situations lead to it consistently:
- leaving the machine idle for 30 min after booting,
- creating maximum number of new windows in
Netscape, IE, or Outlook Express, and then trying
to do something else.
Ken Akiba
**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ
-------UNSUBSCRIBE-------
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe
--------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...
**************************************************************
- Re: 110 memory: testing and replacing Libretto
- Re: 110 memory: testing and replacing Lawrence Young
- Re: 110 memory: testing and replacing David Chien
- Re: 110 memory: testing and replacing Libretto
- Re: 110 memory: testing and replacing Libretto
