Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:25:29 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: H Re: Potato powered Libretto

In a message dated 6/8/2000 12:40:22 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  I must admit I looked at it and though 'hmmmm' and then I got my
calculator
>  out and decided they'd need at least a sack of spuds to get the current
>  they'd need...It's one of those things: the volts are easy - just put the
>  spuds in series - but the internal impedance of a spud cell is erm
>  non-trivial. But I bought a friend in the States' son a spud powered clock
>  for his birthday last year - that ran fine on about a microamp!
>
>  Neil
>
>  p.s. spud = potato (for those who may not speak English as a first
language)

*THIS IS A PERSONAL COMMENT, NOT THE VIEW OF THE VOA*
(Whose views vary by the direction of the wind and the temperament of the
Bureaucrats.)

Thanks, Very helpful for us that speak American. I do know Special English
from the VOA, as a second language, but it doesn't include "Spud". There are
the Spuddy Buddies in a commercial for Idaho potatoes, so I cannot plead
complete ignorance.

Jim Ray, Phoenix, AZ, USA, 5 a.m. and 90 degrees F.
<A HREF="http://historic-glendale.net/granny_jean's_gifts.htm">Click here:
Granny Jean's Gifts</A> (crass commercial)

Warning: Subjects with (H) may or may not contain humor.