Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:10:13 -0400
From: "Cooper, Greg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: fdisk question (non-Lib specific)

Michael,
In order to make the C: partition larger than 2GB it has to be NTFS.  I like
to use default installation locations for shrinkwrap apps as well and they
all tend to prefer "c:\program files".  That's the only way I can remotely
troubleshoot thousands of desktops/laptops.  Also, I prefer to leave the D:
partition as fat16.  That way I can boot to a dos floppy and run Ghost to
either make a backup of the OS or restore the OS from an image.  If D: is
NTFS forget about it.  As for repairing NTFS, see the previous line.  I'd
rather rebuild the drive from a known good configuration than risk leaving
it at fat.

Greg