Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 05:55:57 -0400
From: "brennan -" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: the new libretto L1

hello folks,

i am new to this list because i have been researching the libretto L1.
i wish to purchase this machine through a friend in Japan. i am from Canada
and i don't think it will be available here for some time.

does anybody know of any reason why i should not do this. it looks like an
awsome machine. i have had a sony picturebook...and when toshiba announced
this model, i felt as though i had some hope with my quest for the ultimate
ultraportable.

i know that the OS will be Japanese but i suspect that i should be able to
clean install W2K. I don't really like millenium anyway!! i am sure that
many of you have Japanese models that had to be converted.

should i expect complications with things like the bios or boot sector or
anything else that is not blown away with a reformat?

(a short rant about sony)hopefully to make you feel better about your
wonderful toshibas...

sony is not a customer oriented company. they charge exorbitant prices and
atttempt to sting you for more money with proprietary issues. every sony
product is designed to force you to buy the only sony compatibles...sony!! i
know this is the norm for some products with some compatibles but with sony,
it is everything. for instance, you cannot reliably use a sony picturebook
with anything other than a sony cd-rom.

peace:)
brennan