Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:54:34 -0700
From: "Jason Kim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: 100CT Loses Time on Suspend [to RAM]

Anyone out there running Linux on a Libretto 100CT?

Here's an interesting problem. Say I do this:

    # netdate time.mit.edu
    time.mit.edu -0.701      Fri Aug 31 11:45:27.000
    # date
    Fri Aug 31 11:45:27 PDT 2001

That's great. Just what it's supposed to do. But if I close the lid (and the
Libretto thus enters suspend mode) and reopen the lid, here's what happens:

    # date
    Mon Jan  1 05:02:43 PST 1990

Since I plan to use the Libretto as a custom-made replacement for my Palm Vx
(well ... not to carry in my pocket, of course), the near-instant suspend
and resume is very important. Does anyone else have this problem?

The Libretto is plugged into the AC adapter the entire time, and the battery
is at 100% (brand new, no less). I did, however, disassemble it yesterday
(and, of course, disconnected the RTC battery in the process). But if the
clock battery was dead/not connected, wouldn't it give me CMOS checksum
errors
every time I remove power from the computer?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-Jason