Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:05:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Kevin McClelland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Re: Hibernate under windows 98

On Tue, 23 April 2002, "Alan Middleton" wrote

> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:22:11 GMT
> From: "Alan Middleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Hibernate under windows 98
>
> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone tell me if windows 98 supports hibernate
from the start menu / shutdown dialog? or even a third
party application.

> My libretto 110 has been updated to the latest BIOS
(8.1) and has all the Toshiba power saving features
installed (hairy lightbulb etc). Hibernation support is
enabled in the power settings and the device manager
shows ACPI power devices. I even installed the power
saving driver (something.vxd ?) for the Libetto 100, in
case that helped but no change.

> It will do a hardware hibernation (graphic of tosh
writting to hard disk) when I hold the power button for
3 seconds and similarly when the battery dies, although
this seems to be triggered by the Tosh as opposed to
the OS since I never see the low battery warning, just
the battery LED flashing.

> I don't have an option to hibernate from either the
start menu or shutdown dialog. I thought that Windows
98 supported this, but maybe I've been using Win 2000
for to long now. Can anyone set my mind to rest on
this, it's not critical, but has been bugging me for
weeks now?

I have never used Win98 on my libretto, but you might
want to try Dr. Xins site. He made a program that will
force suspend and hibernation with a click on a desktop
icon. I have used it under Win2k and I think Win95 and
it worked fine then. I know Win98 has some hibernation
issues,, so maybe that is why it is not showing up as
an option.

www.fixup.net

Check the downloads section, he explains the use of the
programs in greater detail in his Tips section.