Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:57:19 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

>From: "Gennadiy Tsygan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Deleting cookies or temp files will not give you Blue screen. The worst
>effect of loosing cookies will be that web sites remembering you login and
>preferences will forget them until you login manually next time. I had the
>Blue screen because Windows page file was damaged by hibernation. Deleting
>cookies will not save any significant amount of space anyway.

> > From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > The critical thing being though (I suspect) that you were > stomping
>them when the system was running, rather than pausing it > mid-operation,
>stomping them, and completing the operation.

Neil,

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say, "..stomping them when the
system was running, rather than pausing it mid-operation..."

I've deleted cookies many many times during a Windows session by just
clicking in the Windows Explorer frame with the list of cookies, doing a
CTRL-A to select-all, and SHIFT-DEL to delete permanently.

But what do you mean by.  "..rather than pausing it mid-operation..."?  You
obviously have something nefarious up your sleeve in Gatesian terms. Just
what are you intending to pause mid-operation?

Matt

(I'll probably find you've already addressed this by the time I get through
all of today's many posts!)