Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:20:24 +0000
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] 50CT LCD

>Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:19:33 +0000
>From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [LIB] 50CT LCD

>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2020069546
>
>Thanks John. I'll have to remove my lid and put it on that one's bottom
>half.  Haven't yet attempted to get the screw covers off the lid to remove
>it.  Can this be done without marking things up, and making it obvious
>someone without a lot of skill was in there?
>
>I was going to switch LCDs between my L50 and L70 because of a spent pixel
>on the L70.  But I've found it's not that big a deal, and have come to live
>it.  I remember Neil saying to use a pointed scalpel or Exacto blade to pry
>it up.  Seems one couldn't help but scratch it a bit.

If you want to replace the entire screen unit, you only need a screwdriver
to split the clamshell halves. If you want to replace the LCD in the screen
unit, or swap bits of the screen between two units, you have to very
carefully lift the two 1 1/4 by 1/4 inch covers. A scalpel lets you split
the glue below it.

The instructions suggest that new ones are available for repair and should
be changed by default, but I've found the old ones stick quite nicely.