Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:23:55 +0000 (GMT/BST)
From: Digby Tarvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] 110CT For Sale

It doesn't seem to be predictable. I have sometimes bought new stuff
that has come through without any tax, and other times have had tax
added to second hand goods. And it doesn't usually pay to argue with
them once they decide.

The only pattern I have found is that if you use a courier like UPS
the chances of being hit for tax are much higher than by using USPS.

But in any case, I would imagine shipping alone would be a significant
fraction of $US 300.00 once it was packed well enough to survive the
trip. But I am happy to be told otherwise if anyone knows of an economical
method.

Regards,
DigbyT

--
Digby R. S. Tarvin                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cthulhu.dircon.co.uk