Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:56:46 -0500
From: "Lawrence Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] L1 Scrub

fdisk /mbr method is a much easier and safe way to clean up the partition
sectors in a HDD. Of course, the DEBUG is a handy tool but you need to put a
few lines of assembly code to call BIOS INT13 to wipe out the master boot
sector. I can't believe you still remember how to do it, David. Last time I
did it, I had to open my dusty DOS book:)

As for boot from CD-ROM, it requires BIOS support. Not sure what is support
in L1 BIOS. I'll just hook up a 2.5" to 3.5" converter and copy all the XP
files from another computer to the HDD and run setup from HDD directly.