Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:05:05 +0000
From: T i m <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Will 4.3G into 50CT go please?

"Fisher, Dave (IBM)" wrote:

> I've had a 9.5mm drive fitted in my Lib50 without issues... a 4.3gb will be
> fine and you'll be able to use all (except for the hiberntation partition at
> the end of course) of the drive normally. Just partition with DOS FDISK and
> Robert is your fathers brother.

[T] Hi Dave, and thanks very much for all your time and effort on this. ;-) And
Bob *is* actually my uncle!

> Larger hard drives are fine too... I had a 20Gb in my Lib 50CT. It gets
> trickier due to the hibernation partition being around the 8gb mark but you
> can work around it fairly easily.

[T] Ok ..

> For example, use DOS FDISK to create a 2Gb boot partition for Win98, then
> create as large a second primary partition as you can.

> <snip good info>
>
> If you do it this way there is no need for any nasty overlay software and
> it's worked perfectly well on both my old Lib 50 and my new-ish Lib100CT.

[T] Brilliant. Thanks again ..

Although .. I *think* I would like something as small as the 50CT (or nearly as
small) with USB and PCMCIA (CardBus would be nice though) that comes (or has the
option on ) 64M RAM and a 4+G drive?

What I could then do is sell my 50CT and upgrade to something better
(100/110CT)?.

The *problem* is all the 50/70 kit I've got that won't be any use on something
else?

All the best ..

T i m

Anyone in the UK got a 100/110 for sale ..?