Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:23:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Matt Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] libretto batteries

John has been warning people for a long time against
buying the 50CT/70CT battery packs and using the cells
in them to replace ones in the 100CT/110CT battery
packs.  I guess it can be a gamble on how much power
they may still have after sitting on the shelf for so
many years.  But several list members have indeed
swapped the cells from packs bought on EBay quite
successfully without any major drawbacks.

John has been advising people to get the packs
refurbished professionally with newer, higher capacity
cells, and against trying to do such jobs yourself
because of the danger that LiIon cells can pose if not
installed properly.  But the quick swap of cells from
50CT/70CT battery packs to the 100CT/110CT packs has
been done many times at this point by people here on
the list.

Matt