Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:20:37 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Spontaneous Hibernation

Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:20:44 +0200
>From: Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [LIB] Spontaneous Hibernation
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
>
>>An interesting problem is now occurring on my L100CT/W2K/64MB/40GB.  Within a
>>few minutes of a stable W2K Desktop, W2K hibernation occurs w/o any user
>>input.  The power settings are for monitor blanking first, followed by Standby
>>after 10 minutes or so - no hibernation mode is selected in the power settings
>>under any circumstance.
>>
>>If I initiate some activity (mouse, keyboard, software) after W2K loads,
>>everything proceeds normally, and if unattended for the requisite time, the screen
>>blanks and Standby happens as it should.
>>
>>The Resume process works as it should after one of these unexpected
>>hibernations, so no real harm done.
>>
>>Any thoughts?  Not a serious problem, but curious, anyway.
>>

>Only self-defense against overheating
>

>--
>--
>
>Christian Gennerat

Well, this occurs immediately after booting (or resuming) from a dead-cold status - so
I strongly doubt whether it's had a chance to overheat.  Besides, wouldn't overheating
trigger a BIOS hibernation, rather than a W2K hibernation?

And as I said, if any activity occurs after booting, like mouse movement or
program-launching, the problem hibernation doesn't happen.  So that would preclude
overheating as a cause to, I think.

Still wondering...

Lee