Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:38:42 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] AVG Free Issues

In a message dated 1/24/2005 5:13:48 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<snip>
> Correct, the slipstreamed full W2K one takes about 1 - 1.5 minutes.
> A slipstreamed but then IE-stripped W2K takes a mere 15-20 seconds,
> although that time has increased a bit with a new virus scanner version
> (AVG Free).

I'm also running (or rather *was* running) AVG Free, but it interfered with
W2K hibernation.  Upon attempting to hibernate, a message about a WAN driver
preventing it would appear.  I would Shut Down the L100 at that point.  On the
next boot-up, hibernation would work.  Then, after resuming and attempting to
hibernate, the error message appears and prevents hibernation.......Even after
de-activating - but not uninstalling - AVG, the error appeared.  I've finally
uninstalled it.  FWIW, this also occurs on my daughter's Portege 7010CT.

Any advice is welcome!

Lee