Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:34:48 -0500
From: "Tony Oresteen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Overclocking 100CT

Dick,

I used Xin's procedure here:

http://www.fixup.net/tips/l100266.htm

It took me about 33 minutes to overclock from 166 to 266.

Going from 266 to 233 took about 50 minutes.

I used a Radio Shack 15 watt soldering iron and a magnifying glass.

To drop the speed to 233 I had to remove solder from the board. I used Radio Shack solder braid (solder wick) to undo one jumper I had soldered, and one that was factory soldered.

It is a PAIN to get the motherboard area. Getting the back off was simple enough. Getting the PCMCIA unit off the motherboard required that you disconnect the LCD screen and rotate the MB so you can get at the last 2 screws holding the PCMCIA unit on the mother board. I accidentally knocked my 32mb RAM card out of it's socket so I had to remove the keyboard to get at the memory slot. That's why it took me longer to down speed as I had never replaced the memory in a 100CT so I had to figure it out.

My advice is to overclock to 233 MHz. Take your time and you should be ok. If you have never soldered before get someone else to do it for you.
Tony Oresteen
Montverde, FL