Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:20:38 -0800
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] Overclocking 100CT

Tony, this was exactly what I needed, thanks. Yes, I have soldered
before, so that is not a problem. It almost looks like you could put in
a mini 3 position dip switch and then just change the settings if it
gets too hot. This assumes those are not resistors in Xin's photos. From
Xin's pictures, it appears the switches would be set as follows (reading
from left to right):
266 MHz - OPEN CLOSE CLOSE
233 MHz - CLOSE OPEN OPEN
200 MHz - CLOSE OPEN CLOSE
166 MHz - OPEN CLOSE OPEN

There was some discussion on adding wires to connect the USB from the
motherboard and bring the wires out to a USB connector (see post on
1/14/05 from  Phil Nienhuis Subject: Re: USB [Was: Re: [LIB] slow]).
Some modification to tell the motherboard the EPR was connected would
also have to be made for this to work, but this would be a welcome
addition to the Libby. David Chien had described his addition of the
mouse pins on the side of his Libby, using the hole for the reset button
to bring the wires out. Using this technique and the miniature USB
connector, I could envision a small USB port on the side of the Libby.
Attach a "dongle" to convert it to a standard USB connector and we are
set.

Looking at the hardware manual, pin 68 of the docking connector is used
to detect the docking station, pins 91 - 94 are the USB port. At this
point, what I really need is a schematic so I can see what voltage level
to put on pin 68 and which pin (91 or 92) is the plus supply and which
is the minus. Also, whether any buffer chips are needed.

Anyone have a link to the L100CT schematic? What about a schematic of
the docking station?

Dick Sullivan

I used Xin's procedure here:

http://www.fixup.net/tips/l100266.htm

It took me about 33 minutes to overclock from 166 to 266.

Going from 266 to 233 took about 50 minutes.