Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:02:45 +0100
From: Philip Nienhuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: USB [WAS:Re: [LIB] Libretto 100CT at 300Mhz?!?!?!]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:50:34 -0800
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] Libretto 100CT at 300Mhz?!?!?!

Jose, this has been done and well documented.
See this site:

http://www.fixup.net/tips/l100266.htm

Also, if you are going to do this, here is something else you may consider:

I don't know if anyone else saw this link from Vitaly,
http://chiba3.dip.jp/notepc/ss1000.html
But if you look at it you will see instructions for adding a USB port to the Libretto ff1100V computer. Looking very carefully at it and comparing the signals on the Port Replicator connector on the Lib L100 /L110 CT Notebooks, it would appear you could do the same thing to these. From the Libretto manual, page 211, Table C-2 Docking Interface connector pin assignments (140-pin)(3/3), pin 93 is "USBDP", or USB Data positive; and pin 94 is "USBDN", or USB Data Negative. By finding a suitable +5V and Gnd point, these are the 4 signals needed for the USB port.

This has been discussed before, by - a.o.- John M, Raybot and me.

Problem is how to get the USB controller to work at all. It appears to be switched off if no EPR is attached. I guessed that perhaps some connectors on the port replicator connector might need to be connected, or one of those pins may need to be pulled "up" or "down" to signal the USB controller to initialize.

Although I do not use my L110 that much nowadays (it's just a back-up machine now, I got a JVC 741 for on the road) I'd be very interested if only for the fun of trying to get USB to work.

Philip