Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 09:01:37 -0800
From: John Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] 110 HD upgrade??

Hello Philip Nienhuis...

Thank you for the response...

1.  That is correct, I do not use any overlay.  I have never found a reason
to use an overlay of any type on a Libretto.  In the early to mid 90's when
I managed over 100 PC's PC's with overlays (different ones) had more crash
anomalies than those without, period.  This included conditions where
identical hardware was used with and without overlays.  We set up some of
the drives in other computers with capable bios and putting them back into
the computer with the limitation.  Maybe times have changed, but I avoid
overlays generally.  We used them with Pentium 1 and 2's with bios
limitation requiring them.

2.  That is an excellent idea and safer than my current method, but I have
not seen this option in any of the software that I use and understand.

3.  That is another excellent point as well.  I do rename fdisk, but forgot
to mention this.

As always, thank you for additional important information.  I appreciate
your practical tweaks to so many messages.  It is amazing how you do it so
well without any offensive content.

Thank you,
John Martin.