Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 00:22:22 -0300
From: Jose Tavares <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] How many people have a U100 or U105?

In my opinion, as an owner, the new U105 can not be compared to an OQO
or something like that...
The new libby is a full notebook with a small keyboard but it's even
easy to type on it..
It has enough power, memory, battery, etc, to run anything ..
I bought it after talking to some teachers from my postgraduate course..
Some of them own Vaios 10.8", others have Dell and other 12" laptops ..
All of them use their notebooks while traveling and while at work ..
When there are available mouse/keyboard/monitor, they connect the
subnotebook and use it as a normal desktop.. One minute after, they can
unplug the subnotebook and walk across the campus or work anywhere ..

Libretto called my attention as it was cheaper than Vaios here in
Brazil.. So, I decided to buy my second libby after using a 70CT for 3
years and the quality of the hardware and the availability of spare
parts was another topic I considered ..

I'm happy with my U105 but I have to say that after the hardware problem
I had with my U105, I got a little digusted...
I described the problems in this list a few months ago... I didn't
manage to solve it yet... I'm using network through a usb-to-rj45
adapter.. :(

I use basically linux on both libbys and they are almost fully
suported..

Power management is ok in both, and hibernate too..

I also wrote a page with my U105 config... There we can see some
statistics on its views .. The page is a little bit outdated, but still
useful... (I need some time to update it and to write a page for my
70CT..)
The page is here...
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~jaatavaresf/Libretto_U100/

JA Tavares