Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 05:45:57 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: MARGI - Was: [LIB] Lib list server belly up?

I just discovered my 32MB RAM extension card has been loose, and hasn't been recognized for a few days. But not knowing that yet, today I was able to play MPEG-2 video with the MARGI card and software. Now I don't know if this means that Alan should be able to >install< the card and software with only 32MB of system RAM or not.

I discovered the loose card after reinstalling W2K. My Echo Indigo sound card had stopped working while playing MP3s via Winamp. I gave up trying to troubleshoot the problem thinking it was an OS problem. But upon checking which service pack was installed with my W2K installation, I found the system was only seeing the basic 32MB RAM.

I was reading Philip's page on setting up W2k on the 110, and was wondering if I ought to try disabling SFP. But it seems he was dealing with SP2. I've got SP3 installed, and will probably upgrade that to SP4. I don't see any info on disabling SFP in W2K SP4 though.

Matt