Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:33:35 -0500
From: John Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] Basic libretto 110 hard disk upgrade not working!!

Hello Dan V...

Actually Libretto hibernation was handled at the bios level rather than the OS.
 The OS (like Windows) can invoke hibernation, but as far as I know, there is
no way to disable hibernation executed by the bios.  Overheating and low
battery can both trigger hibernation and wipe out data in the 8.4 area.  : (

There has been TONS of discussion on this and I have experimented with all
sorts of ways to try and handle it... but leaving some space after the 8.4 area
(described in detail in the archives) is the only way I have ever found of
dealing with it.  It really isn't as difficult or complicated as it reads.

Good luck,
John Martin