On 11/28/2017 12:53 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Tony Brian Albers writes:
>
>> On 11/27/2017 05:28 PM, Benjammin2068 wrote:
>
>> > Thanks for the reply.
>> >
>> > IIRC, I've even rebooted the system (host as well) with no
>> success... but maybe not. I'll try your suggestions again if I have an
>> issue.
>> >
>> > I really thought it was updates. I also don't use any VirtIO stuff
>> either. As plain and stock a setup as I can get.
>> >
>> > Hopefully this glitch gets fixed soon. What a way to freak admins
>> out. :P
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> >   -Ben
>> >

>> Hmm.. could this somehow be related to the fast startup thing in win10?
>> I mean, if fast startup is disabled, will that help?
>>
>> Just a thought.
>
> Fast startup does not get utilized for reboots, only for regular
> shutdowns. The actual option in Windows settings reads:
>
> "This helps starts your PC faster after shutdown. Restart isn't affected."

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that.
So a restart/reboot is closer to a cold-start than a shutdown and
power-up is. Makes sense....

Yeah, I know there's a way to disable fast-start end also to avoid it
when shutting down.

So restart avoids the hibernation-thing that fast start uses, but does
it do so to full extent? If it saves just the least bit of info, that
could be the reason for the boot issue. Just me thinking.. I haven't
really used windows for the last 17 yrs.

/tony

--
Tony Albers
Systems administrator, IT-development