David, I've browsed your past discussions on this topic and didn't
quite get this point from them.  So, according to their interpretation
of the GPL, I cannot develop an application using Lift+Db4o, as a
consultant, for my customer's internal use?

I guess my existing app using wicket+db4o is also in violation.
bummer :-(