On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Miles Sabin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is pretty minor tho' ... Eclipse is just showing a subset of the
> errors in a known to be non-compiling project. I agree things should
> be better, but you'll find that as you fix the errors in your project
> the set of errors that Eclipse is reporting will converge to the true
> set of errors.

Well, usability is the reason I use Eclipse :)

The type errors show up at the top of the problem view so I have to scroll
down all the time to see the "real" errors.   Granted, in most daily work
you only have a few outstanding errors since most changes being made are
incremental rather than breaking everything like I'm doing right now.

Is there a "Next Error" shortcut that's supported in the Eclipse plugin?
With Java I typically use CTRL-.  (dot).

> My top lame excuses for not creating a bug earlier were that:
> > 1) I was hoping it would get fixed in the next snapshot :) since it did
> > doesn't seem like something that's specific to my project
>
> See above. Feel free to disagree, but this isn't quite at the top of
> my list of priorities.

I completely understand.  I would rather you guys focus on major issues
too.    I'm convinced that once you've fixed most of the problems you face
yourself (over a long period of time) we'll be very close to something that
works for most people.

Yes, there are many JDT features which aren't yet wired up to the
> Scala plugin properly, but if you just ignore them things should work
> fairly smoothly. In particular cleaning all projects should work just
> fine.

Ok, thanks for confirming this.

alex