IMHO:

"  @Column{val name = "my_name"}
  var name : String = _
  object nameField extends StringField(this,100) with Delegated
  nameField.delegate(name, name = _)"

That's just too much boilerplate. For me, who went to scala to lose
boilerplate, this is not a viable solution.

Unfortunately the JPA spec is kind of weak when it comes to adaptation, so
my suggestion to make it work with Hibernate first still stands.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Viktor

--