If you're heavily skewed towards reads and not writes (as it seems in the
case of a CMS), you might want to look at Celko nested sets:

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/001020/celko.jhtml
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/hierarchical-data.html

A little more work on updates than an adjacency model, but a lot more
efficient.

Derek