I've tried twice to get NetBeans up and running on my MacBook Pro with 2
gigs of RAM. Both times I made the mistake of loading in the entire
liftweb library. After that -- and even after I closed the liftweb
master project -- NetBeans will lock up for long periods of time (e.g.
ten minutes or more) every few keystrokes to do some sort of indexing.
It is unbelievably frustrating. Closing and re-opening NetBeans,
rebooting the computer, etc. do nothing to help. As far as I can tell,
once that happens, NetBeans is toast.

I plan to reinstall NetBeans (for the nth time) and *never* open Lift in
it, but that sort of defeats the purpose a bit since perusing the source
code is where it would be most useful. Maybe I need to set some variable
differently? I tried enlarging the heap space and things just got worse.

I don't seem to have a plethora of other choices.

Chas.