Folks,

I just committed a couple of changes that may impact your application.

1. LiftRules.logAndReturnExceptionToBrowser and
LiftRules.browserResponseToException have been removed. These were two
different variables that did pretty much the same thing in fact the
first ultimately called the former. These have been replaced with:

var exceptionHandler = RulesSeq[ExceptionHandlerPF]

having

type ExceptionHandlerPF = PartialFunction[(Props.RunModes.Value, Req,
Throwable), LiftResponse]

By default a partial function is appended and it is the same code that
used to be for LiftRules.browserResponseToException.

So up until now probably your application was using something like:

LiftRules.logAndReturnExceptionToBrowser = {
        case (state, ex) => RedirectResponse("/error")
}

now this turns into:

LiftRules.exceptionHandler.prepend = {
    case (mode, state, ex) => RedirectResponse("/error")
}

2. More unification of Ajax notices with "static" notices. So far to
apply styling information (css classes etc) to Ajax notices we used
three LiftRules variables:

 var ajaxNoticeMeta: Can[AjaxMessageMeta]
 var ajaxWarningMeta: Can[AjaxMessageMeta]
 var ajaxErrorMeta: Can[AjaxMessageMeta]

the motivation was that in order for Lift to send down the correct
style information for Ajax/Comet notices it needed to maintain this
information. Now I finally found time to do it. The above variables
are gone. Instead the same styling information that you use for
lift:msgs and lift:msg snippets will be applied for AJax and Comet
notices. The styling information is captured when these snippets are
executed and used whenever you're using notices for AJax response or
from a Comet actor.

Br's,
Marius