While trying to figure out why my MappedDateTime fields get stored in
the DB with all the time info set to 0, I noticed the following:

MappedDateTime (v. 1.0) "claims" to be a TimeStamp: def targetSQLType
= Types.TIMESTAMP. However, it uses java.sql.Date for its JDBC-
friendly converted version, not java.sql.TimeStamp. If I read the
java.sql.Date documentation correctly, java.sql.Date does set all time
information to 0, since the SQL DATE type only stores dates, by no
times.

Any comment whether this might have something to do with me losing my
time would be appreciated.

Best,
Clemens