On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Miles Sabin <mi...@milessabin.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Channing <channingwal...@mac.com> wrote:
> > 4. went to the project properties and edited each of the source
> > folders removing the 'Excluded items' which was preventing eclipse
> > from compiling the scala code
> <snip/>
> > Whenever I change the pom, I use a terminal to run mvn commands from
> > the project directory and refresh my workspace, I have to repeat step
> > 4 whenever I do this.
>
> Umm ... this Maven behaviour is just completely broken, isn't it? Or
> am I missing something?
>
> Can someone explain the rational for it to me?

The maven-eclipse-plugin is currently "broken" in the sense that it won't
pay attention to the source directories configured by the
maven-scala-plugin.  The developers seem unwilling to try to integrate these
two plugins, as they have a "workaround".

The workaround is to configure the
build-helper-plugin<http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/howto.html>in
your pom with the correct source directories, and then when running
maven
eclispe:eclipse you will see these show up.  Very intuitive eh?

Perhaps if enough people complain to the maven-eclipse-plugin guys, they'll
think about changing how they determine source directories.

-Josh