Quick note :

* You need to use build-helper-maven-plugin (like Josh shown) only for mixed
project.
* if you set in your
  <build>
    <sourceDirectory>src/main/scala</sourceDirectory>
    <testSourceDirectory>src/test/scala</testSourceDirectory>

then the maven-eclipse-plugin use the right directory (archetype use this
setup)

my 2c

/davidB