> I'd rather have something like:
>
> /classpath/date_2009_04_29_18_20/json.js
>

> There are a couple of advantages:
>
>    - It's human readable
>
> Readable is worth a few bytes, I agree.   I like the date_ prefix too, it
leaves room for using a hash approach at some future date.

>    -
>    - It's better for caching as the browser can continue to cache the file
>    rather than making an HTTP request because of the params
>
> I think the browsers cache urls with params... a quick glance at the rails
docs suggest they expect these requests to be cached, though I haven't
tested it mysolf.

I'd imagine this also needs to work for non-/classpath served files.  Does
that push us back to the params style?

Happy to try and make a snippet for this if it's useful for others.

> Sure.

Glad to have a way to help.  Heading on vacation now, I'll give it a try
next week.