On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Jonas Bonér <jbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/6/9 David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>:
> > Jonas,
> > We always use Maven to load dependencies.  We never use GPL dependencies.
> >  If you have a question about the license of a dependency and its use in
> > Lift, please ping me privately.
>
> I am using Maven. But as I said I could not find the Atomikos in any
> public library, putting them in lib will let the user easily install
> them in their local repo.

I understand why you did it and that you had the goal of making it easier
for developers.

> Do you know if they are in any public repo?

I don't... but if they are not in a public repo, we have two choices:
hosting the JAR files on scala-tools.org (as long as the license allows us
to do that) or finding an alternative that is hosted in a public repo.  I'm
dealing with similar issues right now with ZooKeeper.

> Sorry about the license issues, didn't think about that.
> I can remove them all in any case, even though that would make it
> harder to use.
>
> > What does Configgy have that Lift's Props and Logger doesn't?  I'm all
> for
> > enhancing Lift to be as good as Configgy (and Robey didn't have the
> > bandwidth to integrate Configgy into Lift, thus our own config
> management).
>
> First I like the printf-style logging API, similar to slf4j. Nice to
> use plus better performance.

We can add that to Lift's logger (which can sit on top of slf4j)

Also, note that all of Lift's logger parameters are call-by-name so there's
no evaluation unless the log level is met.

> Second I really like Configgys configuration API,

Can you tell me what you specifically like about it?

Thanks,

David

Git some: http://github.com/dpp