Tim,

I'm using Eclipse's maven plugin to create a new maven project with
the following parameters:

<groupId>net.liftweb</groupId>
<artifactId>lift-archetype-basic</artifactId>
<version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<repository>http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshot</repository>

The pom this creates in my project uses  the 2.7.4 scala version.

Could it be that my local .m2 repository is not being updated with a
new archetype from repo-snapshot?

Glenn...