On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:26 PM, David
Pollak<feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <je...@ingolfs.dk>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When living on the bleeding edge (i.e. 1.1-SNAPSHOT) it is sometimes
>> difficult to figure out which version of lift is in use and deployed.
>>
>> LiftRules.liftVersion only returns 1-1.0-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> I could probably try to correlate liftBuildDate with hudson and github but
>> this seem error prone :-)
>>
>> Would it be possible to:
>>
>> 1) Include the build # in liftVersion for the snapshot release?
>
> Right now the version number is available in the manifest file.  If you, or
> someone else, can suggest a way grab the Git fingerprint for the build
> release, I'm all for including that in the manifest as well.

I'm not a git or maven guru so don't really know how to get the finger
print into maven. I'll see if I can figure something out....

But Hudson has a number of environment variables set when building
<http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Building+a+software+project>
e.g BUILD_TAG and BUILD_NUMBER (and SVN_REVISION, but no GIT_* stuff
it seems :-(

It also has a post-build action 'Push GIT tags back to origin
repository' which will tag the remote git repo with the build number
on successful build.

/Jeppe