I kinda used the term js file a bit too loosely. It is true that each
page would likely have different functions there and even the same
page on subsequent load would have different content so the file can
not really be cached.

I'm thinking that instead of:

<button onclick="liftAjax.lift_ajaxHandler
('F1029758482780OTA=true',null, null, null); return false;">Press me</
button>

We could have:

<button onclick="liftAjax('F1029758482780OTA')">Press me</button>

.. and at the end of the page:

<script type="text/javascript">

function liftAjax(id) {
   liftAjax.lift_ajaxHandler(id + '=true',null, null, null); return
false;

</script>

Likely there will be more synthetic functions that would need to be
generated depending on specific cases. This approach would result in a
slightly larger markup but I'm not sure if the impact is negligible or
not. In essence we are replacing a function call with another one more
concise which helps just in having a more concise function calls in
the markup.

BUT most likely for functions like liftAjax above we should put them
in liftAjax.js that lift generates and those would just be helper
function. This means that the script block above will not be needed
anymore. Thoughts?

Thanks Xavi for the good points.

Br's,
Marius