Awesome!!! Thanks guys for the help.  It now works.

I put a how-to wiki document up on github.  For me this was one of
those times where my google searches did not seem to turn up anything
fruitful, so I thought this how-to would be helpful.  If it is not
helpful, then no hard feelings if the page is deleted.  I just wanted
to give back.

Wiki page
http://wiki.github.com/dpp/liftweb/how-to-unit-test-lift-snippets-with-a-logged-in-user