On 04/10/09 12:32 AM, marius d. wrote:

> Why not lift-core = (lift-common, lift-util, lift-json, lift-
> actor,lift-webkit) ?

1. Initially, it didn't sound right to me (when we had lift-base,
lift-util etc.).

2. DavidP commented, that lift-core currently means "everything Lift."
and he thought we'd need another name.

3. DavidB pointed out an old thread[a] and suggested that:

lift-core == lift-full, but to be backward compatible with the time
when there is one jar (lift-core), we keep the name.

[a]
http://groups.google.com/group/lift-committers/browse_thread/thread/2fdadf2f9db51a04/0bae3866bbc6d581

Of these, #1 doesn't hold true anymore, thus nullified.

Cheers, Indrajit