I usually use FireBug or Safari Web Inspector to look at the Set-
Cookie / Cookie headers going back and forth, or use the browser's
built in cookie index (usually buried in preferences). You could also
use something like Wireshark or tcpdump to watch the headers go by if
you're using a browser that doesn't have debugging extensions.

-Ross