I want users to stay logged into my site for extended periods of time
(through server restarts, and browser restarts).  By default Lift
stores a User in a SessionVar so this doesn't get me there.  I've
configured jetty so the session cookie doesn't time out for 30 days,
and I have a database table with a session id -> user id mapping, but
keeping this up to date has proven to be kind of a pain as the session
id can change from time to time (like when I restart my servers to
push a new website version) and it's a bit more tricky than I would
like to handle all of this correctly.

Are any other lift users trying to accomplish the same goal?  How have
you gone about it?  Would it be a good feature for the framework to
have something to do this a bit more "built in"?

-harryh